Using either an Apple iPhone or Android smart phone, refills may be requested by scanning the QR code now appearing on nearly every prescription label. A QR code is like a bar code (like you see on nearly every item in the store and also on your prescription bottle); however, a QR code can contain a lot more information than a simple bar code. The barcode on your bottle contains only the prescription number and fill date; however, the QR code takes you to a secure webpage on your phone that is specific to the prescription number on your bottle. The QR code above will take you to the main page of westlakedrug.com.
An iPhone or Android smart phone.
For iPhone, download any one of the following apps to your phone (or click a link below to download and install the app through iTunes if iTunes is installed on your computer):
1. Quick Scan -- QR Code Reader by iHandy Inc.
2. Qrafter -- QR Code and Barcode Reader and Generator by Kerem Erkan
3. RedLaser -- Barcode Scanner, Shopping Assistant & QR Code Reader by eBay, Inc.
4. NeoReader -- QR & Mobile Barcode Scanner by NeoMedia Technologies, Inc.
For Android, download any one of the following apps to your phone:
1. Barcode Scanner by ZXing Team
2. NeoReader QR & Mobile Barcode Scanner by NeoMedia Technologies, Inc.
3. QR Droid by DroidLa
4. AT&T Code Scanner: QR, UPC, and DM by AT&T Services, Inc.
1. Once an approved app is installed on your phone, open the app.
2. Use the camera on your phone to line up the QR code on your prescription label with the scanner area on the screen of your phone.
3. The app will automatically read the code and take you to a page with the Westlake Drug logo at the top. Add any other information you wish to add, and click Submit at the bottom of the page.
4. You will receive a confirmation that your request has been submitted. It's that easy. We will contact you if there is a problem with your refill; otherwise, expect that it will be ready the next business day at noon.
Feel free to come in with your phone and we'll show you how to go through this whole process.
Effective / Last Updated: 2 April 2013